Tuesday, January 29, 2008

The Prophet's Passing

Following Jerin's Lead, I thought I could weigh in. I don't have any special story of Gordon B. Hinckley. I shook his hand once, but didn't exchange pleasantries, but I think I can imagine the conversation if we had. It would have been like talking to a friend, one that you feel comfortable opening up to, and are always sure of their sincerity and loyalty.
They say that the true measure of a man is how he treats someone that can do him absolutely no good. With President Hinckley, he treated everyone exactly the same, so you could never tell who he liked or valued more, everyone was the same. I guess he measures pretty high.
The weather was bleak on Monday. Somehow I think it is fitting that the sky was clouded over, weeping frozen tears and the wind moaning all day long. It was as though our mother earth knew that she had lost a good soul, and was mourning with us all.

1 comment:

Jerin said...

A nice tribute and touching post. You're absolutely right. You could just tell how it would be like to spend one-on-one time with G.B.H. He was like a grandpa to all of us. What a great man.