Monday, March 17, 2008

Treasure in My Basement

Amazing that we can start to accumulate junk after only living in a place for a year. I thought we de-trashed when we moved out of University Housing, but I guess not. This Saturday I spent some time cleaning out some boxes of stuff that have remained packed until now, and low and behold I found some CDs I have been looking for. One is a compilation of a few bands and has some rare and unreleased (on albums) songs by bands like The Bad Brains, Green Day, and NOFX. Speaking of NOFX they are coming to Salt Lake in May. I haven't seen them in a long time, but their blatant irreverence still manages to point out the obvious. Here's a taste for those curious.


3 comments:

Adam ....with Nicole and Rainny said...

Very nice. I wish I had a basement here to find stuff like that.

The video is classic, and brings back a lot of memories. In the wake of Taiwan's election (just finishing up today), I wish there were more fun, educated swipes at authority here. Most of the political banter is done by old people here.

Jerin said...

Good stuff. I like it. It's definitely got your sound.

Tracy said...

Shawn-

I need your address, buddy. Gotta send out wedding invitations.

Email me. (mtzundel at a certain google-based email service...)

Great hearing from you and finding your blog. How's life in general?

(By the way, take your time with the open ended questions, but send your address ASAP -- else I'll be in trouble with the in-laws.)

-TZ